Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Screw You Murphy

Did I tell you about the time when my life got fucked up by Murphy? No?
Let me tell you about the time Murphy fuck me up pretty well..

So, who the hell is Murphy? Well, you and me know him pretty well.. I cant say it's been a pleasure knowing him though.

Last week, was my premature hell week.. Cos I had two deadlines with just a day apart each other only.. So obviously I started the projects early, on Monday while the first deadline is on Friday.. I worked on the one that was due first, common sense. And I finished it on Wednesday.. So it's still good since I have Thursday and Friday and half of Saturday to finish the other one.

Everything went quite smoothly for the first project.. Not much hiccups..

Then...

I started the 2nd project..

I was slow to start the 2nd project, probably cos of the fatigue from the first.. But I knew I could definitely complete it in time.. So I started working on it Wednesday night.. Then Thursday passed.. And then Friday..

So I was working throughout the night on Friday since the deadline is Saturday.. Im talking like 4-5am in the morning, and there I am, trying to finish it up.. Then, the unthinkable happened!

............

I realised I was writing out of point! WA HG LAH!! NBCB@$*%#!!!%#
Saturday 5 am - realised writing out of point
Saturday 7 pm - DEAD-line

Less than 12 hours to write my shit.. I had to rewrite almost the whole project.. Though the word limit is 1,750 words, it was the longest 1,750 words I've ever written.. Those that have done referencing, I mean the proper referencing - Havard Referencing, not those where you just paste the website at the end of your document and call it a reference.. I'm talking about finding the authors' names, the title of the article, the journal it was taken from, the chapter, the page, using italic words at the right time.. It's really PITA (Pain in the ass)..

I raise my hand and admit that it is not my best work, but due to time constraint, I din really had a choice.. I mean I was working till the deadline! Din even had time to take a bathe before going out to submit! That's when Murphy comes in..

My printer was down, so I had to go to school to print it.. And it was partly my fault as I din find out what time does the school library close since it's a Saturday.. Partly it was becos, I DIN HAVE THE FREAKING TIME TO GO CHECK! So I cabbed down to school only to find that Library was closed and the computer labs were locked already.. FML moment.. Now How Brown Cow?

Called up my friend, he told me that he was at Clementi, going down to school to hand up the ASS-ignment.. Told him my situation, he told me he wld help me go Clementi Mall to see if there are any shops to print the file from my USB.. Took a bus down to Clementi.. Went to the shop to have it printed out.. It so happened ta=hat my friend saw his friend at the shop, and my friend's friend had just finished printing her file off her USB..

FYI, the rates are expensive compared to my school library.. I was 50 cent for the first piece then I think 20 cents for the following piece onwards.. Cant confirm the subsequent pieces, but definitely it was 50cents for the first piece.. My school's library lets me print a single piece, be it first or 15th or 1,000,000th copy at 5cents per piece.. But at this time, money is not an issue already.. 50cents per piece better than spending a few hundreds to buy a new printer at that moment.

So, this is the part where I "climaxed".

So I handed my USB over the shop assistant.. She asks me which documents I wanna print.. Directed her and there I was, talking to my friend, waiting to collect my documents.. Lo and behold, Murphy strikes! The shop assistant after several several tries, tells me they cant print my document as their printer cable has some problem.. And this was the same printer and laptop that they used to print my friend's friend's documents just 5mins ago! MUST LIDDAT LAH?!?

Then they directed me to another shop upstairs and thankfully it was able to print out!
But.......
It was freaking $1 for the first piece, 50cent for the subsequent pieces.. WTH! That's double the freaking price.. One might suspect that maybe those 2 shops are collaborating.. SMLJ really..

It was my most expensive project ever, taking in calculation the cab fee down to school, bus ride to clement and then the crazy rates for printing my document.. Yet, I dun think I can score well in this, what a waste of money..

So SCREW YOU MURPHY!



When you see my face, hope it gives you hell!

No comments: