Monday, September 26, 2011

In a word - Hopeless

How I Met Your Mother is out again! Actually many shows are out again.. Two and a Half Men, Nikita, The Office, Modern Family and Big Bang Theory!! Awesome - That's right, the word made famous again by How I Met Your Mother..

For those people who have extremely good taste in shows and follows HIMYM series, you know who is Ted Mosby.. For those not so cool people that dun follow HIMYM, he is a hopeless romantic.. And this story is narrated from future him to his kids about how he met his wife, or to the kids - how he met their mother, thus the show name, How I Met Your Mother..

I kinda feel like Ted Mosby.. you know.. The Singaporean version..
Ted Mosby is this hopeless romantic who believes in "the one" or 'Miss Right'.. Exactly like me..

And then he goes on this search for "the one" by dating girls he felt could be "the one".. Kinda like me, just that I've not been so successful as him.. Yea, i admit I've been given the cold shoulder plenty of times when I tried to get to know girls alittle better.. So I'm not good at chasing girls, sue me.. But you cant blame me for the lack of effort..

And after so many failed relationships for him, he subconsciously stopped believing in "the one".. Kinda like me, after so many failed attempts to befriend, I subconsciously gave up looking for "the one"..

And after watching the new episode where Ted found his inspiration in an unlikely source - Barney, it made me think about my situation as well.. I'm so fixated in believing that I wont get attached till I'm like 30.. I dun believe I will find "the one" anytime soon.. I sort of gave up, resign to my fate..

Those that know me through the years, they know, they would describe me as hopeless in a word and hopeless romantic in two words.. That's how bad it is really.. All they hear from me is hoping to get attached, or missing the feeling of being attached and I've heard the same encouragement the exact number of times I tell them I wanna be in a r/s.. Which is freaking gazillion times..

It's always - "I'm sure you will find the right one soon", "good luck finding the one", "you are such a great catch, im sure plenty of girls will dig you".. Oh yea, dun blink after reading it, I'm a great catch, believe it..

Okay, who am I kidding, if I am such a great catch then there would be a line of women after me already.. I read somewhere that said something like - if you are not attached, then there must be something wrong with you.. I'm not talking about those just out of a r/s and they wanna take a "break" while they have a line queuing up to be their next partner or the picky ones who cant seem to find their one in a line of gazillion candidates.. No, not them.. I'm talking about people like me.. People who are not attached cos they cant get any1 to fancy them and have no queue of candidates to chase them..

Yup, I know some of these people.. And I've seen some that are relatively pleasant looking, definitely dateable kind, but somehow not attached.. And from what I know and heard about them, they are a little weirder than the normal people that I come across.. DOES THAT MEANS I'M WEIRD TOO!!?!?#!#@ WTFFFFFF!!@!@!!!!!

Honestly, that would be the only plausible explanation.. FML..

On a side note, I recently went on a "date".. Not gonna reveal much but it was with a FEMALE friend - just to clear any ambiguous doubts.. Basically I had a crush on her but after knowing her i knew it wun work out cos of differences and that "date" proved my point cos I felt nothing for her even during the date..

My point? I dun really know.. I just wanted to mention that.. I guess I can conclude that it's always wasnt for the lack of trying..

Dun mind me, this ranting always happens when I'm near a deadline - exam or projects.. Yup, tml i gotta show this 350words report to my groupmates, current status - 0 words.. BEST!

Think it's apt that I end this post with one of the recognizable songs ever - Creep by Radiohead..
Since you know, I'm a creep according to some girls I've chased.. I'm a weirdo as well.. What the hell am I doing here - I need to start my assignment.. I dont belong here..
This video is supposedly sang by a homeless guy, I think it's a pretty decent cover, kinda like his "rock" voice, but forgive his guitar skills.. But extremely apt coming from this guy.. Enjoy!

No comments: