Monday, September 19, 2011

Recognise

I think it's safe to say Blogging has lost it's charm.. I mean, really, no one ever blogs these days.. It's either twitter or tumblr.. I guess I can be considered not up to date with technology since I'm not using either platforms to rant.. I dun find anything wrong with either platform.. Probably I'm too lazy to start using them, just like how it took a year for me to start using facebook - when poking ppl was lotsa fun!

I'm usually quite critical of new stuff like how I was during the facebook era.. I was like, 'What facebook?!? Lazy to go maintain an account lah' and ' Friendster enough already what.. Friendster is the future!'

No, i'm actually just kidding about the last part, I did not say Friendster is for the future..

But I think it's really cool that twitter gives you an option whether to follow your friend's twit.. or tweet? Whichever, cos it's really confusing.. Cos I mean look at facebook.. Seriously.. The things people post on facebook.. WTF - Who the fuck(in this case), do they think they are.. They are not scarlett johansson (btw you cld go find her REAL naked pic online as her phone was hacked) or Neil Patrick Harris (better known as Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother), who is really hilarious by the way, just check out his interviews on Ellen Degeneres show or Late Night Show with David Letterman..

I dun wanna see the freaking same posts on Mondays saying you have the Monday blues nor do I wanna see you say TGIF on Fridays.. It's already inferred that Monday blues happen on Monday and TGIF happen on Fridays.. I dun need you to remind me of it..

I dun need to see you complain about every single bad thing that happens your way.. I dun need to know you've missed 4 mrts in a row due to overcrowding and how Singapore ppl are stupid to vote PAP.. PAP won the election fair and square, PLEASE, move on.. Unless an elected MP slapped your face and you caught it on camera, please just shut up..

I dun need to know how stupid it is when Blizzard asked you to change your password for your World of Warcraft game.. Cos I dun give a shit! I dun need to know that you are dumb enough to pay to play for a game.. Unless you are gamer chick - Linda Liao, please dun bother..

I dun need to know every time Man Utd score a goal.. That's what soccer apps are for! And I feel embarrassed as a Man Utd fan to see arrogant assholes taunting on facebook.. If history has taught us anything (Liverpool dominance in the EPL ended), it's that no team can stay on top forever.. Just be gracious.. And celebrate only after Man Utd has won a trophy.. Not just a single match..

I dun need to know every place you've been to and checked in.. That's what foursquare is for.. Recognised the correct platform.. and I dun need to know every single thing you are doing or have done for the day.. But you just made the job of stalkers much easier..

Unless you have a brilliant video to share, some words of wisdom that you quoted from philosiphers or send a birthday wish to your friend, please, dun flood your facebook wall..

Seriously people need to recognise the correct platform.. Twitter is for rant.. And if you like some1's ranting, please, follow them on twitter.. Foursquare is for check-ins at places.. And if you wanna stalk some1, please, add them on foursquare..

And what's up wif celebrities taking themselves naked on their phone/cameras.. I dun get it.. First it was the whole Edison Chen thingy and Vanessa Hudgens and Scarlett Johansson.. Seriously.. Do they love themselves so much that they have to take photos of themselves naked.. Please people, if history has taught us anything, it's to never have naked pictures or sex tapes taken or stored at any time.. If your partner feels adventurous, tell him to go out w/o zipping his pants or her to go out w/o wearing any underpants, it's the same thrill..

Well, enough of ranting.. I wanna share songs from Boyce Avenue - Youtube band.. I think they make good acoustic covers of songs.. Their lead singer reminds me of John Mayer, cos he plays the guitar well plus he has a good voice.. And I kinda fell for Christain Perri's Jar of Hearts from their cover.. I think the cover is better than the original.. Quite sad for Christain Perri.. But oh well, if you want to, just click play.. I know I would..


No comments: