Thursday, August 11, 2011

Rat Race? More like Dog Life

Can you actually believe that it's August already?? Few more months to December and BOOM! Next year already.. Gosh, time really flies somehow.. And come December, I'll be doing reservist! FML moment.. After that, it's joining the rat race..

Honestly, it's not looking that optimistic at the moment, with the US credit rating dropped and the world's market all dropping in prices.. It's worrying for me as well, not because I play stocks.. But if this carries on to become a economic downturn, companies will start retrenching people, so what hope is there for me to find a job?!? All the repercussions of a "simple" drop in credit rating..

All I think about this days are really my life after studying.. Where am I gonna work?? Cos the BIG 4 is pretty bias to me.. They just go down to NUS or NTU or SMU to just grab the graduates there.. So what hope is there left for private uni like SIM?? Sure there are special cases, but like the term suggests by itself, SPECIAL case..

The way things work here truly justifies the saying "nothing is fair in this world".. It's not enough that students at local uni like NTU or NUS get government subsidies for their studies, they also get better facilities, better teachers, better food, better campus in short.. Now they even get secured futures?!? Like freaking everything served on a plate for them..

While the people here at SIM are like dogs.. Fighting for any crumbs falling off their plate.. Tat's the sad reality isnt it.. The rich get richer, the poor gets poorer.. 


No comments: