Wednesday, September 7, 2011

God is not with me

Guess what, I failed my driving AGAIN! 48 points this time.. Yup, I was so confident, this time, no problem.. But, I guess God had a different plan for me..

*So now want to blame God lah*

Well, Pastor always mentioned only God can allow bad things to happen on you.. So, isnt failing a bad thing? And din it just happened to me? So God allowed it then? So yea, I'm just stating the facts.. Plus it's the 2nd time I commit my driving tests unto God's hands, so far no good.. And I just so happened to see one of my facebook's acquintance post such a status, 'After I prayed for Godly wisdom, my parents died. After I prayed for focus on God, people blame me for not living up to their expectations. Next time better don't pray'. So next time better dun commit my test into God's hand liao..

WTF happened?

I cant exactly pin point something that caused it to happen.. It was sort of like a collection of mishaps and they just pile on top of one another to make me FAIL! So let me list the possible factors that contribute to this shocking result of the century..

1. Lack of uninterrupted sleep

In army I learned that having sufficient amount of sleep is not enough, you ought to have sufficient amount of UNINTERRUPTED sleep to be able to perform.. That's the key difference.. I'm not into bio science and stuff, I dunno the reason behind that, but I guess that's just the way the body works.. So the night before the test, I was awaken by the estate's blackout as I was aircon-less and fan-less.. Had to wait 30mins before the maintenance person came down to fix it.. So yea, it could have contributed to my inability to perform.. I'm not lying when I say, I felt lethargic and unable to focus the whole day..

2. Sudden loss of form

I was almost practising the whole week before the test and honestly, I was okay and definitely able to pass any day then.. But I dunno why, I just felt off form during test day.. Even before going for the test, I had practice at circuit and I was making mistakes that I've hardly made and I just felt so tired and lethargic and unable to concentrate..

Worst part was, when the test started, I was freaking nervous, I drove like I just started learning driving, when in fact, I had over 20+ freaking lessons already.. I have no idea why I was so nervous.. I mean during the first test when I had 66 points, I drove with such confidence and peace.. But there and then, I was overaccelerating, releasing clutch too slowly, braking too hard.. Like some noob lah.. Really CMI.. It was really one of those out of 10 times, 9 times I'll be confident and only that 1 time I will cock up and being the suay cock that I am, that 1 time had to happen on my test day..

3. Fucked up Tester

Yup, I'm sorry to report, I din have a leniant tester this time despite my apparent need for them to take me cos like I said, God din want me to pass.. This tester may not be as strict as my first one, but I mean come on, who can beat my first tester who had a reputation of being a PITA (pain in the ass)? I mean u cant mess wif my first tester, he is gangsta with his street credit and stuff.. But now my 2nd one, in my opinion, he is more fucked up than my first tester!

He is definitely strict, but not SUPER strict.. The worst part is he is one of those assholes who just cant keep to himself.. He MUST tell the whole world how he is feeling at that moment in time, he cant just shut up for 30mins.. There I am, probably in the worst form of my life, making stupid mistakes like cant even keep on a lane properly(WTF), he MUST make a comment! And not just a one liner, short and sweet.. MUST come with sound effects.. He would go, "TSK TSK TSK TSK TSK TSK TSK TSK TSK TSK TSK TSK TSK TSK TSK TSK TSK TSK TSK TSK TSK TSK TSK! AIYO, GO OVER TO THE OTHER LANE AH!"

FUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! KNNCCB!! This guy must really drag him out of the car give him
1 x stone cold stunner
1 x w.o.r.m
1 x swanton bomb
1 x roll the car over him
EHHHH ZU YI LEHHHHHH!! MUST put in sound effect ah, cannot talk properly ah!

4. Dubious decisions

Yup, there were dubious decisions that he made, but even w/o them I would still fail, so I'm not that pissed off.. I mean if I did fail cos of them I would .... Neh mind, listen to the story first.. There were 2 dubious decisions and both were high points, 8 points each! Considering you must get maximum of 18 points, an 8 pointer means half the battle lost already..

The first one, wasnt really dubious lah.. More like I was damn swuay.. I was travelling at say 30-40km/h and my car was already near the line of the traffic light line and the traffic light MUST just nice turn orange at that point so it was near impossible to slam on my brakes.. If I did, it would be futile cos
1. Car stopped over white line, also kanna
2. If I suddenly slammed brake, what if the car behind me cannot react in time, *POM*, GG..

The real dubious decisions was this, any1 that drove to or been to CDC through the front entrance know about this curve bend that leads to that entrance.. And any1 that learnt driving knows that you dun travel more than 30km/h on that bend cos
1. You are not allowed to accelerate when you turn
2. There are always cars parked at the side which makes the bend more narrow and you need to be more careful to navigate

So there I was negotiating the bend, travelling less than 30 km/h and as I reach the end of the curve and towards the entrance, there was this FUCKING STUPID INDIAN woman who was standing in the middle of my side of the lane and not looking at the direction where cars are coming from! But neh mind, it wasnt a problem to me cos I wasnt travelling fast and I had time to react, or so I thought.. I applied the brakes and the car halted a comfortable distance away from her.. I would say almost the same distance I stay from a vehicle infront of me during a traffic light junction.. It was nowhere near her at all! But my tester seemed to disagree, giving his tsk(x1 million) saying I did not stopped in time for her.. WTF really!

So what, he expected me to slam the brakes plus pull hand brake so that I can stop further away from the woman? Just becos she got a shocked, and not becos my car was near her, it was becos she wasnt fucking looking at the road! And when she turned she saw my car stopping! Damn retarded.. Lucky for her, I din fail becos of her, if not I'd imagine I would have told myself I should have just banged her with the car.. Really si bei retarded! That was the only thing that made me mad.. I accept that I just wasnt good enough... THAT DAY..

Even my instructor was surprised I failed.. Haizz... What can I say? When things are not meant to be, no matter how hard you try, they still wont be meant to be..

I was really depressed after that.. During the first test, I knew it wasnt really my fault, so I wasnt really sad, just pissed that the stuff that happened were beyond my control.. Now, who else can I blame but myself? I just wasnt good enough.. It's worst knowing that you are able to do it but just din perform.. It says if God is with you, who can be against you? Right now, almost everything went against me, so God is not with me then.. All I can say is I have to be so good that even on my off form days, I am able to pass.. That's all I can do..

No comments: